Thursday, January 22, 2009

Flower and garden stock photos: a new source

Hepatica nobilis ©Photo: Marg Cousens

Several years ago I wrote a piece for Canadian Gardening on the garden of Marg Cousens, who was the 2006 grand prize winner in the magazine's annual garden contest.

Since documenting her lovely garden through photos, some of which were used in the article, Marg, an artist and art director in her professional life, has also turned to flower and garden photography.

She has now created a web site of flower and garden stock photos: www.floraphotos.ca. If you have a few minutes, it's worth a visit: she's got good pictures, and most important for stock, they are well labeled.

© Yvonne Cunnington, Country Gardener, 2009

3 comments:

  1. Absolute beautiful images. I'll return to the site soon.
    I was just spending some time on Thompson and Morgan's site last night as I am planning my perennial borders and will try to sow most plants. Images from this site can confirm my choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perennial from seed are tricky and usually take a couple of seasons to get to flowering size. We did a lot of that to begin with when we started our gardens here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photo Yvonee...I'm going to check her sight out now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I have a new country garden blog and I will no longer be publishing comments at this blog. If you have a question or comment about the topic here, please use the contact form at my new blog to get in touch with me.

-Yvonne, aka Country Gardener